International Year of Millets 3rd Webinar “Climate resilience of millets,” Sept. 5
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is hosting an “IYM Global Webinar Series” focusing on the environmental, social and economic benefits of millets, as well as their rich heritage, during the International Year of Millets (IYM2023). The third webinar in the series, “Climate resilience of millets,” will take place on September 5th from 14:00-15:00 CEST. The webinar will concentrate on the suitability of millets in an era of climate change given their resilience to heat and water stress.
The presenters are:
- Mr Ravi Khetarpal, Asia-Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institution (APAARI)
- Ms Damaris Odeny, International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Kenya
- Mr Matieu Henry / Ms Federica Chiozza, FAO Land and Water Division
- Ms Megha Desai, Self employed women’s association (SEWA), World Rural Forum
- Mr Fenton Beed, FAO Plant Production and Protection Division
Registration is required. For more information and to register click here.